Intervention strategy-outcomes and benefits to the region
- Improved effectiveness, impact and sustainability of community-based organisations.
- Increased networking, information exchange, collaboration and partnerships amongst development practitioners, service organisations, social entrepreneurs, private or public non-profit sectors and stakeholders in urban and rural areas.
- Reduced need for change agents.
- Use of best practices contributes towards accelerating sustainable development.
- Reduced urban migration and subsequent demands on the City’s infrastructure.
- Support for non-profit sector services reducing crime, homelessness, substance abuse and domestic violence.
- Urban and rural integration of resources, networking and partnerships resulting in greater resource mobilisation of funding, best practices, innovative ideas, and intellectual capital.
- Increased employment absorption opportunities by SMME’s, NGO’s, tourism initiatives and CBO’s.
- Potential for positive multiplier effect in other regions by means of video documentation of process and results.
- Increased impact and effectiveness by combining indigenous knowledge, social and intellectual capital and best practices.
- Increased tourism to the region (international internship students and academics).
- Improved cultural interaction and reconciliation.
- Contribution towards IDP and LED in the region.
Unique opportunity to have regional as well as macro impact
The Swartland Development Foundation, in partnership with the local municipality and many other private, public and non-profit stakeholders and role-players, has the potential to mobilise local, regional, national and international resources for the benefit of the Swartland region.
By executing, implementing and documenting the before, during and after results, we not only have the opportunity to showcase what can be achieved by working together, but can also inspire, motivate and encourage other regions to embrace and replicate a more strategic, holistic, integrated partnership-based development approach that can achieve more sustainable outcomes, benefiting the Swartland region as well as other regions in South Africa.